Movies I've Watched Recently

Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Devil's Rejects Review





Let me just start off by saying that this was one of the better suspense/serial killer movies I have seen in quite some time. I am ashamed to say that it has taken me this long to get around to viewing it. The freeze-frame style filmography was great, an excellent way to capture your attention in multiple ways.

The plot is basically a story of revenge set into motion. The Texas sheriff decides to seek revenge upon the Firefly family for the death of his brother. Since his death, there have been several more murders that have occurred. The news reel describes the events as "The most horrific crime scene since Jack the Ripper stalked the streets of London". This is definitely proven true on many occasions throughout the movie. From the mack truck to the 'digging of the buried weapons', Otis is held truthful to his statement when he says,'I am the Devil, and I am here to do the Devil's work.'

An amazing soundtrack consisting of classic rock hits, setting the mood that 'everything is just peachy', however unlikely that is to believe. A great ending, which seem to be extremely hard to come by these days. If you saw House of 1,000 Corpses, you can understand the brilliance behind Rob Zombie's ability to write and direct an incredible film. I strongly recommend seeing this movie, it will definitely be added to my favorites ;)


Happy Viewing....

No comments:

Post a Comment