Movies I've Watched Recently

Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Hills Have Eyes Review



Radiation: friend or foe?

Here is your 'average' family, joined together on a road trip to San Diego. Along the way, they encounter a few, shall we say, 'not so minor' roadblocks. The 'people' who inhibit the hills, where they now sit and wait, were effected by nuclear bombs years before. They have been mutated and corrupted due to this misfortune. With exhaustion setting in, this family is in for an adventure....

This movie has the perfect combination of all features a horror movie should contain. From the desert setting, to provide a feeling of abandonment and echoing fear, to the camera angles, inconsistent camera stability and the sound effects. This is truly one of my top movies to watch when you just want to indulge in a disturbingly grotesque film. I strongly recommend viewing this one, over and over and over....

...that poor bird...

3 comments:

  1. I hated this movie, it was so disturbing, from the rape scenes to yes that poor bird scene. I had nightmares from it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely understand the cringe factor behind the rape scene, however, there was *so* much more to the movie than that 5 minutes. I know a lot of people were disturbed by it, but I was able to look past and continue watching. Are there any other movies that you felt this effected by?

    ReplyDelete