Movies I've Watched Recently

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Masters of Horror: Don Coscarelli: Incident On and Off a Mountain Road




"The eyes see all evil, all the evil in the world"

In this movie, you have the guy and you have the girl. Guy decides to teach girl how to defend herself; setting booby traps, shooting a gun, handling a knife, etc. They are now living out in the woods and he tells her that if she were ever to be attacked by a crazy person, that the trick is to act more crazy than they are, therefore causing them to run away....

Car breaks down, girl encounters crazy person and the chase begins. The story line moves along a little too quickly in the areas that should have been prolonged, and the parts that didn't mean much, those took forever. For an hour film, I guess there is only so much you can squeeze in...but come on, where was the editor?

I'm not a huge fan of the monster/supernatural type of stuff, I prefer psychological thrillers, something that will really get into my head. I will give this movie credit for the drill press idea, but that's about all I can really say for it. I wasn't a huge fan nor would I recommend anyone else wasting their time with this one.

2 comments:

  1. It's so kind of you to sit through crap movies so you can warn people not to bother ;)

    ReplyDelete