Movies I've Watched Recently

Monday, April 5, 2010

The Ghost Writer Review

(I got impatient and couldn't wait until this weekend to start reviewing movies....oops)




(this is a link to the book; the movie has not been released on DVD yet as it is still in theaters)




Altogether a decent movie. The movie starts out by jumping right into the story, searching for a suspenseful journey indulging into a conspiracy, however coming up short. I found the movie to gain suspense a few times throughout the film, but the subtle, British humor that was thrown in acted more as a distraction than an addition to the plot.

I found this movie to be rather predictable, maybe due to the acting? The wrap up definitely could have packed a little more punch, but it almost seemed like the just needed to find a way to end the story.

So, I would say it's a movie worth seeing. The jokes throughout the movie were quite entertaining, but if you are looking for a suspense thriller, this wouldn't add up. My advise, wait 'til it's released on DVD and take it home :)

3 comments:

  1. I know I liked this one a little more than you did, but I was really annoyed by the fact that the trailer was so very misleading. I was expecting a much more suspenseful film; I loved the wit and intricacies of the plot, but it wasn't what we were expecting, by any means.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing that bothers me the most is a misleading trailer. Don't set me up to believe it's a suspense/thriller when it's really not. Still a great movie, intriguing plot, but way too predictable. How far into the movie were we before I called it? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. LoL, not far. But then, you're very clevah ;)

    ReplyDelete